CMS Technical Assistance Opportunities Available
CMS is offering another round of free technical assistance (TA) to State agencies seeking to develop or improve HCBS under 1915(c) waivers or 1915 (i), 1915(j), or 1915(k) SPAs.
The process starts with a subject matter expert being assigned to work closely with states to help identify the most appropriate HCBS authority and tailor TA for each situation. TA topics include, but are not limited to:
- Home and Community Based Services [ Section 1915(i) and Section 1915(c) ]
- Self-Directed Personal Assistance Services State Plan Option [ Section 1915(j)
- Community First Choice option [Section 1915(k)
- Self-Directed Services
- Person-Centered Systems
- Supported Employment
- Individual Budgeting
- Need Assessment
- Positive Behavioral Supports
- Community Integration
- Mortality and Morbidity Data Collection and Analysis
- Other Areas as Needed by States
TA can be provided virtually or in person.